中文里有一個常用的說法,“說曹操曹操到”。但你知道英文中也有表示同樣意思的說法嗎。只不過他們說的不是曹操,而是……
看看《金裝律師》的這個片段,學一學他們說的是“誰”到吧。
對話原文:
You think he's gonna play by the rules?
什么 你以為他會按常理出牌嗎
I know he won't.
我知道他不會
That's why you better be three steps ahead of him,
所以你得快他三步才行
because I can guarantee you Louis'll be two steps ahead of you.
因為我敢保證 路易會快你兩步的
Speak of the devil.
說曹操 曹操到
Her majesty's here to see you.
路易女王駕到
I heard that.
我聽到了
You were meant to.
我故意的
Gentlemen.
各位
Your highness.
是的 殿下
Okay, you know what?
好吧 告訴你們
That's exactly why I'm here.
這就是我過來的原因
To be mocked?
來被嘲笑嗎
No, to set clear ground rules, to keep the negotiation above board.
不 制定基本原則 使談判公開化
Absolutely. No kicking, no biting, and no rabbit punches.
當然 不準踢人 咬人 打后腦勺
And now you're mocking the ground rules.
你是在嘲笑基本原則嗎
No, I'm just mocking you.
沒有 我只是在嘲笑你
Point one.
第一
We both agree to use the independent valuations.
我們都要進行獨立評估
Absolutely. Good point.
當然 說得好
Point two.
第二
You do not call Jessica in to mediate.
不準找杰西卡出面調和
This is you and me.
這是你我之間的較量
You afraid mom's gonna take my side?
你是害怕她會幫我吧
No, I know mom's gonna take your side.
不 我知道她會幫你的
Because I'd be right.
因為我是對的
Point three.
第三
Chinese Wall.
界限分明
You can't access any internal documents that I create.
不準動用我的內部文件
Let's make Jessica proud.
讓杰西卡看看我們的實力
We do this right, everyone walks away happy.
我們處理得當的話 就能皆大歡喜
Wonderful.
很好
Don't worry. We'll still crush him.
別擔心 他斗不過我們
I heard that.
我聽到了
You were meant to.
我故意的
今日重點:
按規矩辦事:play by the rules
保證:guarantee
說曹操曹操到:Speak of the devil。英語里說的不是曹操到了,而是“魔鬼到了”
打算,有意做:be meant to
殿下:Your highness。尊稱
嘲笑:mock,同義詞,make fun of
基本規則:ground rule。ground在這里不是地面、操場,而是“基本的”
光明正大地:above board。直譯就是“在板子上”,引申為“明面兒上”
打后腦勺:rabbit punch
估值,定價:valuation
調解,斡旋:mediate
中國墻:Chinese Wall,指投資銀行部與銷售部或交易人員之間的隔離,以防范敏感消息外泄,從而構成內幕交易
內部的:internal。反義詞,外部的:external
破壞(某人的信心):crush。have a crush on,一見傾心
(來源:滬江英語)