These are those body idioms you should really know in English. Don’t try to visualize them. It will be a scary movie! Anyway, you will find the examples and explanations under the infographic. Enjoy!
這些是你在英語中應該知道的身體習語。不要試圖想象它們。這將是一部恐怖電影!無論如何,您將在信息圖下找到示例和解釋。好好吸收吧!
body idioms
關于身體的習語
1. All ears
1.洗耳恭聽
awaiting an explanation, listening eagerly and carefully
等待,解釋,熱切而仔細地傾聽
Tell me how you managed to pass the exam, I’m all ears.
告訴我你是如何通過考試的,我洗耳傾聽。
She was all ears to find out where her husband had been the night before.
她全神貫注地想知道前天晚上她丈夫在哪里。
2. Cold shoulder
2.冷淡
(give sb the cold shoulder, get the cold shoulder) – paying no attention to something, a deliberate act of disrespect, an attitude of rejection
(冷落某人,冷落某人)-不注意某件事,故意不尊重他人的行為,拒絕他人的態度。
I hoped she would come to the cinema with me, but I just got the cold shoulder.
我希望她能和我一起去看電影,但我冷淡地拒絕了。
The manager has given the cold shoulder to our proposal to buy a new company car.
經理對我們購買一輛新公司汽車的建議表示冷淡。
3. Itchy feet
3.渴望旅行
a strong impulse to travel, restlessness, desire to leave
強烈的旅行沖動,不安,想離開
Seeing a boat always gives me itchy feet.
看到船總是讓我想旅行。
No wonder she’s got itchy feet. She’s been working in the same office with the same people for more than twelve years.
難怪她想旅行漫游。她和同一個人在同一個辦公室工作了12年多。
4. Long arm of the law
4.嚴格的法律
the far-reaching power of the authorities; the police, the law
當局的深遠權力;警察,法律
Stop this dirty business, the long arm of the law will reach you some day.
停止這骯臟的交易,法律的長臂總有一天會到達你的。
He tried to live on shoplifting, but long arm of the law caught him in a week.
他試圖靠在商店行竊為生,但法律的嚴厲制裁使他在一周內被捕。
5. Old hand
5.老手
a person with a lot of experience in something
有豐富經驗的人
Our boss is an old hand in the car business, you can’t cheat him with this broken engine.
我們老板是汽車行業的老手,你不能用這臺壞發動機欺騙他。
The new chef was an old hand at making Italian dishes.
新來的廚師是做意大利菜的老手。
6. Sweet tooth
6.甜食控
a great liking for sweet-tasting food, a weakness for sweets; someone with a liking for sweets
非常喜歡吃甜食,對甜食有好感;對甜食有好感的人
She has a sweet tooth, but as she’s rather fat, she must resist eating chocolate too often.
她愛吃甜食,但由于她很胖,她必須抵制吃巧克力太多。
I’m a sweet tooth, I couldn’t help eating all the remains of my birthday cake after the party.
我是個甜食控,派對結束后,我忍不住把生日蛋糕的剩余部分都吃光了。
7. Elbow room
7.足夠的空間
enough space to move or work in; freedom to do what you like
足夠的活動或工作的空間;做你喜歡的事的自由
There’s so little elbow room in our office that you must stand up from your desk if somebody wants to go out.
我們辦公室的肘部空間太小了,如果有人想出去,你必須從辦公桌上站起來。
The agents were given as much elbow room as they needed to increase the sales.
代理商得到了他們所需的足夠多的空間來增加銷售量。
8. Eye-catching
tending to attract attention, visually attractive, striking
容易引起注意的,視覺上有吸引力的,引人注目的
There were lots of eye-catching posters at the entrance of the cinema.
電影院入口處有許多引人注目的海報。
Her dress was so eye-catching that we couldn’t do anything but stare at her for minutes.
她的衣服很搶眼,我們只能盯著她看幾分鐘。
I’m looking forward to hearing from you! Let me know if this lesson was useful!
我期待你的消息!如果這節課有用,請告訴我!
(來源:滬江英語)