"I think"口語中用到停不下來,那感覺就跟中文中總愛說“然后,然后”一樣令人感到啰嗦單調。今天就傳授給大家一套表達觀點的替換詞,是時候讓你們用了幾十年的“ I think”下班歇歇了。
1 In my opinion / view
通常用來討論較重要的事情
In my view, our performances at the moment have been affected by tiredness.
在我看來, 我們此刻的表現都是因為太累了。
2 It seems to me
All things considered
常用來表達經過深思熟慮后的意見
It seems to me that this crime was foreseeable and that this death was preventable.
在我看來,這起犯罪本來是可以預見的,受害者的死也是可以避免的。
All things considered, I think we made a wise choice in recruiting James.
全面考慮后,我覺得錄用詹姆斯是一個明智的選擇。
3 I suspect that . . .
表示疑心(較肯定、正向語氣)
It implies to the listener that they could disagree and you wouldn’t be offended.
這個短語通常暗示對方,你可能并不同意他的觀點但你并不覺得這么說會冒犯。
I suspect that he was lying.
我疑心他在說謊。
4 I wonder if . . .
表述一個你認為可能正確的想法
It says you’re contemplating if your statement is correct, and encouraging the listener to tell you their opinion.
這個短語通常用來表達自己的觀點同時鼓勵對方告訴你他們的意見。
I wonder if you'd be kind enough to call him.
請你給他打個電話好嗎?
5 To be honest
To tell you the truth
To be frank
如果需要說些不討喜的話
To tell you the truth, your plan is unrealistic.
恕我直言, 你的計劃不太現實。
To be honest, the house is not quite our style.
說實話,這房子我們不太喜歡。
To be frank, I don’t like him.
坦白講,我不太喜歡他。
(來源:智課網)