7、NOT MY CIRCUS, NOT MY MONKEY
Polish波蘭語🇵🇱
Not my problem
不是我的問題
This is certainly a more colourful way to wash your hands of a problem.
要撇清你和某個問題之間的關系,這確實是一種生動有趣的表達方式。
8、MY EYE WENT WITH ME
Maltese馬耳他語🇲🇹
I fell asleep
我睡著了
After all, your eyes can’t see anything if you’ve fallen asleep.
畢竟,當你睡著的時候你的眼睛什么也看不見。
9、I'M SWEATING CARROTS!
Dutch荷蘭語🇳🇱
Literally means ‘I’m sweating very heavily’
字面意思是“我出汗很嚴重”
This is a slightly nicer way of saying ‘I’m sweating like a pig!’
這要比“我出汗出得像豬一樣”要稍微好一些。
10、WORK IS NOT A WOLF; IT WON'T RUN OFF INTO THE WOODS.
Ukrainian烏克蘭語🇺🇦
You can always return to a piece of work later on
之后你總能回到工作中去
This is a good phrase to use on a friend who panics about assignments and chains themselves to a laptop to get them done.
這是一個很好地短語,可以用來用在那些對任務感到驚慌,并把自己鎖在電腦前去完成任務的朋友們身上。
11、IT FELL BETWEEN CHAIRS
Swedish瑞典語🇸🇪
When you want to say,’Yeah, I know I was supposed to do it but I forgot.’
當你想說:“是的,我知道我本應該這么做的,但是我忘了。”
This happens when two people were meant to do something, but both of them forgot all about it.
這種情況發生在兩個人都打算做某事,但他們兩人都忘光了的時候。
12、MY COTTAGE IS AT THE EDGE
Ukrainian烏克蘭語🇺🇦
Means:‘ I’m only slightly involved.’
意思:“我只是略有涉及。”
As you’re only on the periphery of the problem, you’re just not that worried about it.
因為你只是關系到問題的周邊,所以你就沒有那么擔心這個問題。
(來源:滬江英語)