中文中有一句俗語“小心駛得萬年船”,其實在英語中也有對應的說法哦。一起來看看《我們這一天》的這個片段吧。
對話原文
You're here.
你來了
You're a genius.
你真聰明
Where's Sophie?
索菲呢
It's warm.
酒都不涼了
Yeah, sorry. I've been out here for a while.
抱歉 我在外面呆了很久
I've been thinking about the whole New York thing,
我一直在想去紐約的事
and, um, you were right.
你說得對
It's a stupid idea, so I can stay here with you...
這個想法很蠢 我可以留下來陪你
No. No way.
不 不行
You're going.
你一定要去
It's not your job to stay here and protect me.
你沒有義務留下來保護我
Okay, not anymore.
以后都不用了
Just... just promise me that
不過 你要向我保證
if some weird guy asks you to audition for a movie
如果有奇怪的男人讓你去他家地下室
in his basement...
給電影試鏡
...you run. Okay?
你趕緊跑 知道嗎
-Better safe than sorry, pretty boy. -Okay.
-小心駛得萬年船 帥哥 -好
Randall, get over here.
蘭德爾 快過來
Why are you lurking, creeper?
你站在那兒偷窺什么呢
I thought you two were about to lean in for a kiss or something.
我以為你們倆接下來要親了呢
Shut up, dude.
胡說什么呢
Weird.. that high school's over.
感覺很奇怪 高中就這樣結束了
-Yeah. -Yeah.
-是啊 -是啊
What do you think's gonna happen to us?
你覺得我們將來會怎樣
What do you mean?
什么意思
Like, are we gonna hang out much?
比如 我們以后會經常見面嗎
Like, you know, when we get older.
就是長大了之后
Barbecue.
一起吃燒烤
Celebrate our kids' birthdays. Spend the holidays together.
慶祝孩子們的生日 一起度假什么的
- Of course. - I don't know.
-當然 -說不好
Kevin.
凱文
I mean, you two will
我知道
obviously end up sharing an apartment or something.
你們倆以后肯定要住在一間公寓里
What are you talking about?
你這是什么意思
It's the Big Three, okay,
我們是三個小家伙
-not the Big Two. - No.
-不是兩個 -不
You two got your own thing, and I don't want any part of what's going on there.
你們倆之間有特別的感情 我不想瞎摻和
Yeah, 'cause Mom would probably get jealous.
是啊 因為那樣媽媽可能會吃醋
Probably.
也許吧
Hey, well I'm gonna head out.
好 我先走了
Okay.
好
今日重點:
天才:genius
沒門:no way
試鏡:audition。既可以作動詞也可作名詞表示“試鏡”
地下室:basement
小心駛得萬年船:Better safe than sorry.直譯就是“安全總比后悔好”
潛伏:lurk。既可作動詞也可作名詞
傾斜:lean in
閉嘴:shut up
燒烤:barbecue。也會經常縮寫成BBQ
最終會:end up doing
嫉妒的:jealous。名詞是jealousy,嫉妒
(來源:滬江英語)