你會溜旱冰嗎?它的英語是什么你知道嗎?來看看這個片段,學習一下這個詞吧。
對話原文:
I can't take a bike trip.
我沒法騎自行車旅行
Oh, honey, 'cause your feet won't reach the pedals?
寶貝 是因為你的腳踩不到踏板嗎
My feet's about to reach your face.
我的腳能踹到你的臉蛋
I never learned to ride a bike, okay?
我從來沒學過騎自行車
Who cares?
那又怎么樣
Nothing sadder than a grown man riding a bike.
一個成年男人還騎自行車也太慘了吧
Well, Roller blades, I guess.
溜旱冰更慘
That said, what grown man doesn't know how to ride a bike?
不過哪有成年人還不會騎自行車啊
I never learned.
我從來沒學過
I got my first bicycle when I was six.
我六歲時得到了第一輛自行車
I traded it in for a canopy bed.
我用它換了一個帶頂篷的床
I never got another one. Bike, that is.
然后我就再沒擁有過了 我是說自行車
I'm on my ninth canopy bed.
這是我睡的第九張簾篷床
今日重點:
旅行:take a trip
腳踏板:pedal。注意和peddle區分開,peddle意思是“叫賣,兜售”
正打算,將要:be about to,表示即將發生的將來時
更難過的:sadder。原形是sad,注意要雙寫d
旱冰鞋,溜旱冰:roller blade。roller,滾輪;blade,刀片。或者可以說roller skating
頂篷:canopy
(來源:滬江英語)